Truth #1: Buyers buy after “shopping around”. In their search for the best buy they are comparing your property to the others currently on the market.
Truth #2: Sellers control the pricing and saleability of their homes but buyers control VALUE. A property is worth what the market (buyers) will pay.
Truth #3: If a property sits on the market for more than a few weeks it gets shop worn (stale… like an old donut). Price it right in the beginning while it is fresh and buyer interest is at its peak.
Truth #4: Most properties must be sold three (3) times…
- ..to the real estate agents who have the buyers. If they don’t see it as a decent value, they may not show it.
- ..to the buyers. If they don’t see it as an attractive offering, they’ll look elsewhere.
- .. to the lender who will make the loan and the lender’s appraiser. If this group doesn’t see the value… no loan.
Truth #5: What it means if…
- No showings: Agents don’t see your offering as worthy of showing to their buyers. Or, buyers themselves aren’t interested enough to look.
- No Offers: Buyers don’t see enough value to even negotiate or try to buy. \
Truth #6: Overpriced properties actually help well-priced properties sell.